Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Highlights

Reese's mood did eventually turn around. Look at those I love You's she's flashin'. This is the grand finale. Last picture of the day! I never realized the University of Phoenix took such a conservative stance: The two commencement speakers, Neil Bush brother of George W. and Condoleezza Rice. They don't drug test employees was the thing that led me to think it was a tab liberal.
A spokesperson for Points of Light a service an educational program. Get involved in your community and learn to solve problems in your own backyard. There were certain points in the speech where he sounded exactly like G.W.. I'm sure you can imagine...


I wish I had a better picture of the 66th Secretary of State.
She gave a remarkable speech: She saw 5 responsibilities that an educated person has.
1. A responsibility to Self
(to find your PASSION, not something you like)
2. A commitment to reason
as in think for yourself, "If your friends agree with everything you say, Find new friends."
3. Reject False Pride
4. Be Optimistic- No Matter What
5. Act and Work to Advance human progress.
She contends that we should view more and more differences, work to close, not divide the gap. I love this one, Help someone because someone Helped YOU. Cultivate humility, and choose what to do with the days ahead.
She said during her hard days as Sec. of State she read the biographies of our Founding Father's, Jefferson, Washington, Adams and the overwhelming adversity they had to overcome. "That there was No earthly reason America came to BE."
I was overwhelmed with a rush of emotions. I know God lives and that he loves us. I know the Book of Mormon was meant to come in this dispensation. And am grateful for bravery of the men and women during that time. I am grateful my parents have taught me all of these principles already in my life. It was just nice to hear it again.
Love Grandma Patty, she is absolutely wonderful!
Daniel P. Whittaker

4 comments:

JAG said...

So freak'n cool!!!! No words.

Except that I am exceptionally impressed that you remembered all of that information from the commencement speeches, with three kids there....glad you included it!

Miss You!

JAG said...

PS - love the middle part..... of the hair that is.

Hansens said...

I heart CONDI! Cool pics!

glee said...

wow! my congratulations!

I love the words of the 66th Secretary of State and it's so cool that you shared. very inspiring points. oh, if only people could easily apply ...