Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Implants

As in my teeth. Last year around this same time I undertook the challenge of having some major dental work done. A dental implant being one of the procedures. By February I was so done as in wiped out. Emotionally exhausted. I knew I had a couple things to finish but ignored the warning signs. Saturday while chewing some gum a huge chunk of one of the few tooth's I have left that isn't capped came out! Another piece came out on Sunday.
Fast forward to Tuesday, Danny took the day off to be my entourage. I am a freak about these appointments. My heart rate increases, my palms are sweaty, I cant sit still, and I have 100% worst case scenario in mind. They take me back to the x-ray and the nurse comments something to the effect,"so, would you like to save the tooth, if possible?" YES!!! of course I do! I was incensed while I sat in the dental chair waiting with Danny for the doctor to come in. "why would she ask me that? am I doomed for another implant? ahhhh! I can't take it!" Who wants to volunteer a tooth extraction? Danny calmly suggests maybe she mentioned this because an extraction is the most cost effective procedure you can have in the office. Do I look like the type of girl who would opt for the "summer" teeth look? some over here some over there. "no", he says ever so sweetly. 4 hours later I'm back in business, with a root canal , post and build-up the tooth can be saved. Sometime in the future I made need a little procedure to cut the root out in the side of my mouth because the infection went so close to my gum. But, we'll just have to wait and see. Also the tooth in front gets a cavity filled and lets just throw in a new crown for that one too. So to do a tally its 14 teeth crowned in porcelain,1 implant, and 13 still my own. I may seem sarcastic, but I"m truly grateful to have all this work done. Although, in essence I could have had a different type* of implants twice over.
I'll take the teeth, thank you very much!

2 comments:

Hansens said...

I sm so so so sorry:(

JAG said...

only an anderson could feel your pain...... im sooooo sooooo sorry.